Friday, September 18, 2015

Making Time to Write

I have been writing stories, poems, songs, etc. since I can remember. My mom once told me, she remembers taking me grocery shopping when I was around 2 and I would sit in the cart making up songs about the things that I saw. Truth is, I've never stopped doing that. I just don't do it as publicly.

The other day, while going through my memory boxes, I found stuff I've written over the years. I need to make it a priority to go through those writings and play with them. Who knows what I might end up with. It isn't always easy for me to make time for my writing with all the other things I have on my plate. Although, the difference between a writer and a dreamer is the writing.

I had a voice recorder I'd gotten for Christmas, a couple of years ago, that I was using to record stories and songs I made up for my kids. The plan was to be able to take those recordings and capture the creativity. Unfortunately, my boys broke it. It did help, when it worked, though. Maybe someday I will be able to get another.

I often get side tracked by all the other things that need to be done. The house needs cleaning, people need clean clothes, we need to eat, the kids need attention and so does the husband, I need to rest, and so on and so forth.

When I do write, I love it. Especially when I can really focus on it. So many stories are waiting to be birthed and being a part of that process is a beautiful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment