Monday, February 15, 2016

Coming Along

I've been able to get a few illustrations ready for the color phase, some that are part of the way done, and some still just a vision.

So far my girls have each contributed to one scene. Sadly, they've seemed to have lost interest in participating, so there may not be any other art from them.

I've gone back and forth with my feelings of apprehension. Some days I can believe my art is going to work for this book. Other days, I can't help but think it really isn't that good. Worse when some things might actually be good, but I think the other things aren't. However, I plug on telling myself that my art is unique and that is what will make it so special. It isn't cookie cutter. It's mine and that is a good thing.

I have given myself a deadline for having them ready for coloring, by Feb 29. I'm hoping this helps me to find the motivation to overcome my concerns and keep moving forward. It will be a HUGE accomplishment, if I actually make the deadline. That in itself is motivation.

I currently have no other writing projects I'm working on, aside from the one I have going with, illustrator, Haley Jula , which is currently in illustration phase. I haven't had updates on it, but I know she is working on it and it will be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment