Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Excited

         Finally sent some picture inspiration to Haley Jula for our next joint venture. After looking over the story board and the pictures, she has a plan! If all goes well, we hope to publish that book between September and October.

     I've also sketched out a few more backgrounds for the other story I'm working on. Of course, I still have more backgrounds to do, but I'm getting things done and that feels great! Hopefully this week my girls can start on their contributions.

    I know my art isn't perfect and many times I have doubted my attempts, for fear that others won't like them. Yesterday, though, a question entered my heart that I do not ask myself enough. Do I like it? If the answer is yes, which it was, then I really should stop worrying. So, I am trying. Trying to remember that more than anyone else, I make these stories for my kids and the grandchildren I assume I'll have some day. The fact is, my kids like them and so do I and that really is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment