Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A New Year, A New Book

   Last time I wrote, I said I had a book I was hoping to get going on. However, reality struck as I entered my 6th postpartum journey. Now that the new year is upon us, and with some prayer, I've decided to work on a different book. A story I wrote back in 2012 about my 4th blessing.

   Yesterday, I revised it. I'm considering brushing it up a little more, but Blessing #2 said she liked the revision and felt it needed no changes. Time will tell.

    I also made a mock up story board. It isn't very detailed. I don't need it to be, with the imagination I've been blessed with. It was mainly to see 1) How many pages I might have. 2) How I want the pictures and pages laid out. 3) To give me a bit more inspiration and motivation.

     Today, I started my illustrating. I've only taken 1art class in the past couple of decades. It never dealt with drawing, that I can remember. So, I'm not the most confident artist. At the same time, I figure, maybe that is a good thing, not having preconceived ideas about how things "have" to be done. This will truly be my own inspired artwork. Currently, I'm sketching out backgrounds with a pencil. I'm not sure what medium; paint, colored pencil, pastels, etc.. I will use for coloring it all in. I also don't know how I will get it onto my computer, when I'm finished, to load it up for publishing. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

     I have considered allowing my daughters to co-illustrate with me. For one thing, they are pretty good artists, even according to other people. They each have a unique style, compared to one another. They are also trying to figure out what they can do to earn money. Being the supportive mother that I am and believing that they have many wonderful talents that they can utilize right now to do so, I figured, why not. Hopefully, the end result will be their boosted confidence and courage to step forth and do what they love, because they already can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment